Event featured

That's how it works - JCM

Monday, August 17, 2015Unknown

Higher Education Week 2015
Presint 5, Putrajaya

Wake my brother up early in the morning and get off to UiTM Shah Alam at 6.30am. With the bus being provided, me and my teammates headed off to Putrajaya to begin our day.

This is my really first time joining the JCM (Jom Check Mata) programme. Literally because I'm a first year optometry student. And of course, this is a great opportunity for me. Not only to recall what I've learned during my first year study, but also to gain my confidence and feel how it is to practice with the real patients. 

To begin with, we started to find patients and promote our mobile clinic since our bus located quite far at the end of the road. Well, without any doubt, I went booth by booth and encouraged them to get a free eye screening from us. Why not fellas? Not everyone aware with the need of their eyes to get screening. Muehehe.

Apart from that, I've learned a bit by observing my seniors handle their patients, from visual acuity (VA) testing to consultation. With bulks of explanation and guidance from them, I tend to become more confident to try some. As the saying says, it's now or never. Put aside my doubt, I try once or twice primarily with the autorefraction and later I get so addicted.

teammates - from all batch
get a feeling to be a patient.lol


optometry mobile clinic

first year students. hey that's me ;P

And yes, enough for our mobile clinic story.
I shall wrote some other things which i found interesting too.
Here we go.

 Alhamdulillah. I've got the chance to get a dental check-up right before they close their own mobile clinic. The doctor is very friendly and have a warm smile I can say, not to mention he's a male. Lol. All is nothing. Honestly, I get excited to come in because dental is actually my favourite course since I was young. Enough for me to be the patient, I left off the bus without knowing I smiled along the way. Safe in the knowledge Allah's plans are always the best. 
We did talked much. And yes, we had a little conversation about optometry as well. At the time he's startled when he knew I'm a 1st year student yet get involved for the eye screening, it's really funny though. Can't forget how his face looks like. 
To avoid myself burst into laughter, I hurriedly explained to him that we (first year students) will only do some of the procedure which we've learnt before. With having seniors that are so thoughtful and willing to teach us every single thing, it's not a big deal. It was a breeze, thanks to them. 

Em, what captured my sight during the event is the automotive show, basically presented by the polytechnic students from various states. From what I've been told, they modified any kind of Proton's car being given to them and add some technologies which they think the societies need nowadays. The exterior might plays a big role in terms of attraction, but I would rate them by the interior of the modified car. If I am a buyer, the more added technologies and unique from others, the more I get attracted to. 



This team I rate them as the best among others ;)



Last but not least, Alhamdulillah, Allah fills my name as part of the events. Everything was great and exciting. I'm looking forward to our upcoming programme inshaAllah. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form